Header Ads

Header ADS

We Are Back In Blogging - Playing Steam City


It has always been a part of my playing habits to play at least a city building game or something similar. I guess this is the part of me that would want to be organized. I like things that are aligned, and aesthetic in some way. I have played Frostpunk in the past, and I got challenged with the laws that you are making in the game, but since it was not in mobile, the interest died down at some point. I played Cookie Run Kingdom as well, but it got me into the Adventure part. I love how you unlock the zones of your Kingdom, but I would rather discuss the whole game review of Cookie Run Kingdom in another post.


This post is more on what city building game that I played recently. I played Harvest Town before, and probably I will play it again anytime soon, but the most recent I played is Steam City.


This post is not a review of Steam City, but I will post the full review in the next couple of days. As I have come back here in the blog it is more of an appreciation post for the game.


As we all know Steam City is a city building game, you tend to build the facilities that produce materials, build the residential, commercial buildings and utility buildings for Water and Electricity.


The main selling point of the game for me is the graphics. I love how the graphics were articulated. You can feel the steampunk vibes of the game. The game is really on the relaxed side, or we can actually say that it is an easy game, but in the latter parts it would really take your time, effort and strategy. 


It would require you time, since the materials that would require you would take so much time if you wait it out. Initially the materials like metal or brick would require ores and sands respectively. It will take you a few minutes but then when you already have a Steel plant or Chemical factory, there is a manufactured good there called lubricant, that would require 3 hours to make.


Not to mention that some manufactured goods are required as well to create other goods that you need. As a sample for Lubricant needs 2 Retorts and 2 Copper, the 2 goods are at least an hour to create everything to manufacture a single lubricant. In total you need 4 hours to create a lubricant.


I love how the game challenges me with my memory and management of the materials. Besides that you manage your city, you also manage the inventory. To expand your city, you also need materials that take up your inventory plus the materials you upgrade for the other buildings like City Hall.



The game may be considered as a toilet game, but I don’t think the hate should be necessarily there. I think the game is just there if you have nothing there to do. It is not an idle game basically because the game would not produce  materials by itself to accomplish your orders. It still requires a lot of your attention as you need to manufacture items, so you can move forward.


The game is entertaining if you just want to play as a Mayor. I only play for free but I already expanded my land to the maximum land possible. There are contents in the game where you are allowed to expand further to the map but you need to finish a specific facility to do so.


We are back in creating content for this blog and in our Youtube channel.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.