Header Ads

Header ADS

Bloodbath Again When Samurai X Gets A Reboot



There is nothing that influenced me to appreciate the beauty of anime but Kenshin Himura. I watched a lot of anime already before I discovered Samurai X in 2000, 3 years after its original release. Now that it will have a reboot as a fan of the reversed-edge-sword wielding samurai, I can’t hide the awe on my face. Yes, Samurai X will have a reboot; it is planned to be released sometime next year.



Before I was able to embrace Naruto and all other Anime there was Samurai X. For me, Samurai X is all there is. Plot, the illustration, the movement, it was not exaggerated like Dragon Ball Z. We all love Gokou. I salute Vegeta for crying out loud, but for me back then nothing beats Hiten Mitsurugi. It has physics, it has some real-life application or real life explanation to why it exists. Of course I did not validate but it was so real to me back then. It was life-like. For me the real Anime back then was Samurai X, whenever I was asked about Anime, Samurai X on top of my head.





Access to watch Anime was my real problem at that time. Though the internet is so readily available it was expensive. Channels or websites that offer free episodes of your favorite shows are taboo, well at least to the fans that have no access. That the movie Himura where he gets his first scar was not a common information, it was just a word of mouth between fans. That was a rare find if you get a link where it can be watched. Then the movie where he gets the second scar, same as the last one. Now that this information about the second coming of Himura is readily available it gets hyped by the second the trailer drops. In this trend of leaks and be-the-first-to-know, would that intensify your hype more?


The announcement in 2020 about Samurai X said it will be a reboot? How reboot is a reboot? Will it be the same flow like it was before but better? Better graphics with less slapstick? Or maybe a longer version? While the trailer did not tease anything about the show, it showcased there will be a lot of blood spill. Whatever that the old Himura means to the show, that is enough to hype it. Samurai X started on a much modern day of Japan, where wars are over and the government is established. We don’t know where he came from or what he was before. We only know that he is good with swords and has killed a lot of people. Seems not concrete if it is just a word of mouth. His past is truly a gem. Will the show tell more about his past? I hope so.



Though it may be a case of too hyped but poorly made anime, we all can hope that Kenshin would be properly treated as the master swordsman. My worry is not all reboots are good, the new Shaman King came out high but there does not so much appeal to it. My true worry about the story is that it is the usual that would make or break it.



For whatever imagination that we have for the show, we are looking forward to a positive release. Probably a longer version of the Shishio arc would be great. To the very least that is a very good run however it seems it was cut short don’t you think? I like how the gang of Shishio come together like stages in the last stand against Himura. What I also expect in this new bloodbath would be Himura’s fight with Sujiro. I am looking forward to a more intense battle with that kid. I think that battle is better than Shishio, that is why the fans really need more. This series should be epic in all proportions, fans really expecting more of this.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.