Header Ads

Header ADS

Pixelized Farm: Enjoying The Harvest Town Sun

When I first started to stream, I was looking for a game that is chill and simple and lightweight. This is the reason that I might disconnect during a stream if I play a very high-end game. Stardew valley or Forager will be a good choice. It looks lightweight, and it seems it is not using too much resources. They are both premium, unfortunately.


I am a streamer and I am looking for a game that I can stream and welcome back to another Scrap’s Game Review. Welcome back to scrapironx, first I am planning to change the name of the blog and got fascinated with a 3 letter name. Anyway, that will be in the next post.


This post is about a game that I already wrote about in Eneza. It is quite a review and I lost my account after that early-access of the game but then I came back just recently.


I am looking for a game that can be streamed, I really do not care much about the following or people that watch those kinds of games. I just want any game that is compatible with my current machine. My machine is a mid-range laptop and not even close to becoming a gaming rig.

You probably have guessed already that I am looking to stream Harvest Town. It is a lesser version of Stardew Valley and it is only on mobile.


The gameplay is the same: you take care of the farm. 


I reviewed this game before in Eneza, and I am coming back to the game to have a better look if the game improved.


Harvest Town is a simulation mobile game wherein you will restore your ruined Manor. The game will start when you wake up in your Manor where everyone is expecting you to leave town. Then of course if you leave the game will be literally over from that moment, but no, you come into your senses that you will take care of the Manor.


Interface wise they put a lot of sales and daily rewards. Rather just put everything in one screen the devs put it in individual options that clutters your screen. You also have no clue which one has the save button. Though the game will teach you how.


The default control to move your character is not that helpful, they should have default it to joystick. Even the joystick is a bit clunky.


The good thing about this is it is a bit more structured compared to before. Structured by means of the quests and how you unlock certain areas in the game. Before there were a lot of areas that were opened early on in the game that you tend to rush on finishing those immediately. 


Though I am not sure if that is the way of the developers to test if there are bugs early on in the game.


I also love the intuitive suggestion of tools whenever you are near a tree or a stone. Another feature is that you can auto-path to your quests. I know it is not always good in other games but for a game that has crappy controls this is very useful.

To be honest I am enjoying my second try on the game. The progression so far relies ultimately on the activities you do in your farm, I am just not sure of the consistency of the progression later on. Usually in mobile games, you will be forced to buy a ticket or a special item to progress. Progression should not rely on premium in-game items, it should be solely dependent on the time you play the game.


Catch Harvest Town on Google PlayStore.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.