Header Ads

Header ADS

The Seven Deadly Sins The Movie: Prisoners of The Sky - The Movie Review



It’s been a while since I watched a real good Anime movie. After Naruto, it seems I really did not appreciate much some of the Anime that is releasing. The long story of Naruto I guess dissolved my interest in the next best thing in Anime, especially in adventure-themed stories. Or just maybe I am tired of reading captions and watching the action, just maybe.


Unlike Naruto, Seven Deadly Sins is not about an underdog warrior or ninja trying to go up to be the best. They focus on trust, though there are elements of being trustworthy in Naruto, they are technically spies. Naruto characters work in covert and double-agents however in Seven Deadly Sins they are more like Avengers. Extraordinary warriors, a doll, a giant, a prince, an immortal, a master wizard, a hunter, and a demon knight.


This is about a group of amazing warriors just trying to live their normal lives when they need to catch a rare ingredient, they suddenly get into a battle of their lives.


I did watch this movie first before the anime or manga, so at first, I got confused. Anime movies really rely on the storyline of the series. There are a lot of questions in my head but in the end, the information that they said is really not that relevant as it just intensified the anger that the protagonists need to establish.


It started in the switch of Meliodas and Solaad. Meliodas is looking for a fish when he dived deep into the body of water that he saw, when he emerged from the water he is now in a different land.


I am not sure if that is the best world-switching way that they thought of during the development of the story but for me, it is pretty not that good.





The action scenes are really good. It really shows the power of Meliodas’ counter. The movie also shows the weakness of Meliodas. There is this sword in the Sky Temple that was passed from generation to generation that can absolutely kill a Demon. As I have mentioned earlier, I did not watch or read any content about Seven Deadly Sins before I watch the movie, I really do not have an idea that Meliodas was a demon or how did he get it. There were hints in the story however it became significant when Meliodas actually got stabbed by the sword.


The story mainly talks about the development of Solaad but then, in the end, Meliodas still end the battle with flying colors. I think the development of the protagonists would be more fitted character development.


The Six Knights of Black are the bad guys. They are a group of warriors from the Demon Clan trying to release Indura. Indura is another character probably a more powerful one that I need to know if I read the manga.


This is sometimes my problem with Anime movies that you really need to check the Manga release or the Anime series to understand. Probably some marketing stint that they come up and doing for a very long time already that they force the readers or viewers really read the Manga release and the Anime series.


When I finished the movie it felt that the story starts from the destruction of the Egg Rock in Sky Temple. I really did not remember the story before that. The movie is not balanced that the story is not that spread out throughout the movie and it became more interesting within the battle sequence. The story of Solaad really did not stand out and Solaad and his people become more a liability than to be an asset to the Seven Deadly Sins. Meliodas and the gang is the main character but of course, the other character should complement well it could’ve been more boring if they were not a liability.


The sword that can kill a demon is in their possession granted that Meliodas is a demon, that sword became a hindrance in the end as they need to decide who will go to pull the sword out of Meliodas.



The movie was thrilling and exhilarating at the end and I am amazed that the bar is on top of a very powerful pig. I really recommend the movie and I will definitely read the Manga or the series on Netflix. Will definitely review the series as well here.


The Seven Deadly Sins The Movie is 6/10


The entertaining part is in the end so I would give it a six. Amazing combat sequence, I love the pig and the power of Gowther and King truly unique.


My reviews were honest reviews if I would recommend it for a newer Anime audience. Definitely recommended.


What do you think about the movie? I would like to know in the comments. You can give us some recommendations for the series as well.


Team S.I.X. out!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.