Header Ads

Header ADS

Last Cloudia: First Impression And The Journey Moving Forward


With the boycott going on with Marvel Future Fight, I am just there for the Challenges part where I collect Crystals from the game. I decided to install another game that continues to pop up on my Facebook wall.

It is really hard to ignore as I am a fan of pixel art. There are only 3 criteria I am looking for in a game. Detail artwork, Pixel Art, and Relevance.


Last Cloudia is a game made by Aidis. Founded in 2016 in Tokyo Japan in 2019 they release Last Cloudia. There is nothing much information on the company website, well they are busy making games.


Last Cloudia is a fantasy RPG game that has an entangled tale of loyalty and friendship. That is at least most of the story I have done so far. I am really excited about the pixel art and overall illustration of arks and characters.


This post will be covering the initial impression of the game and will continue to play until we master the interface, gameplay, and mechanics.


Initial Impression

I am a fan of detailed artwork so it is really amazing the splash screen of the game. Going to the game you can see your initial character again, amazing character artwork. 





The real downside of this kind of game is that there is so much content and your screen is filled up with a lot of menus. You will be overwhelmed by a lot of things that are needed to do within the game.


Characters

The character artwork is quite good. I pulled several sets and the artworks are consistent. The character screen is very informative maybe I am still overwhelmed at this point. There is nothing much to see in the skills as of the moment we will discuss it in a different post I will just give this game a chance to sink into my system. The upgrade of characters is a bit easy as of the moment however I did not upgrade any of my characters yet, I just need to discover where I can farm more materials. Materials are not that common in missions.


Arks

This is the one item that is a bit unique, the Arks. The Arks seem like an artifact and it serves as a stat boost for the character. I am just not sure yet if the Arks should be relevant to the magic property of the character however I noticed that all of the Arks can be equipped to any character. So far I was not restricted to equipping an ark to a character with different properties.


Gameplay

When I was writing this post I was thinking if I would say that this is a turn-based game but it is not. During the actual battle, you can actually control your character and pound the enemy of your attacks. Which for me is really fine that there is a manual part to it. The power gauge when you reach max power you can issue your ultimate attack. Characters are not created equal, there are characters that only one skill and one ultimate attack which is kind of sad.


Mechanics, Items, and Other Farmable Requirements

This is a Gacha game, meaning the character and Ark improvements are based, if not entirely, on the items you are pulling in the Gacha menu. If your pull is good then you might get a powerful Ark or new character.



On the understanding so far of the game the Ark is the one that is boosting the characters attributes, I can not see yet if there is a Gacha for equipment and how it really affects the characters.


There is a farmable item as well, that can be harvested on different spots within the map. Then I noticed there are small icons where you can also harvest those blue and red orbs without going to the actual World Map.



The items for enhancing your characters or awakening them are available in the story mode however you can not farm them a lot within the story. You can check your inventory for the item you need and you can check where to acquire it. If the options are enabled you can click it, however, you are not directly pointing you to where you need to go.


These orbs are used to upgrade the Arks and the actual harvesting site to increase capacity.


Overall Impression

If you will learn it all by yourself without researching it will take some time. The learning curve may not be as steep but I think exploring and navigating through the interface might take your time. The cinematics is amazing the graphics are really close to console games out there. As a player like me that would want a good story, I will note that much pay attention to the interface making it hard to understand how I can actually speed up the development of my characters. The gameplay is superb I still like the manual part to it that I will be the one strategize when I will execute the final blow or the ultimate skill. The only disconnect, I guess on the flow since you progress so fast in the story however the materials you need to upgrade your characters are getting left behind. 


As of the moment, Last Cloudia is 6/10 for me. 6 for some mechanics of the game that not all venues to farm materials or items are not discoverable easily. The initial score can increase as time moves.


What game did you play lately? I want to hear it in the comments to review it next.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.